Monday, May 24, 2010

Twinkie Cake


We are sure warming up here in Kentucky! Thank you all your your comments on my previous post! I wanted to share this awesome recipe with you guys..........I don't recall where I got the recipe from but I tweaked it and made it extra special. Hope you guys try this one......it's so worth it!


Twinkie Cake


Cake

1 box yellow cake mix

1 box instant vanilla pudding

4 eggs

3/4 c. water

3/4 c. oil


Preheat oven to 350 degrees; mix all ingredients with mixer. Grease and flour a 13 x 9 cake pan; bake cake until toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool completely. When cake is cool cut it in half lengthwise....making it two layers.


Filling

1/2 c. sugar

2/3 c. shortening

1 t. vanilla

1/3 c. milk

1/4 t. salt

1 t. water

1 c. powdered sugar


Mix all ingredients and beat with mixer until smooth and fluffy, approx. 5-7 min depending on mixer speed


Spread filling between cake layers and dust top with powdered sugar; ENJOY!

4 comments:

Busym1 said...

that looks good! Thank you for the recipe! Hugs , michelle

Kady said...

This would be great to serve at our family dinner with my daughter and grandkids next week. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe I will try this out! looks delicious!!

Ladybug said...

Thanks for this delicious recipe
will try this when Sis comes to
visit in the Fall..