Thursday, August 28, 2008

Smile Award & What's going on here!


Thank the Lord we finally got some MUCH needed rain. It also cooled the temp down a bit. I have been so busy yesterday and today! I have been working on completing some pretty large wholesale orders this week so I can ship them tomorrow. Seems I got backed up all the sudden? Not sure how that happened but it seemed I got several orders at the same time. I love this time of the year. I especially love when its busy and it's hard to keep up.

I recently started doing a lot of freezer cooking. I never really used my freezer much before except for frozen meals and frozen chicken breast. I am trying to completely eliminate frozen meals from my diet because of the high sodium content. The last time I went to the doctor my blood pressure was a little high and the doc told me to watch my sodium intake. Hypertension also runs in my family; my mom has had it for years. But any way I have been buying the large rolls of ground beef and making hamburger patties and then freezing them. I also go ahead and fry the hamburger and put one pound in each freezer bag. It makes it so quick and easy when you need to add it to a meal. I also stocked my freezer with home made veggie soup, spaghetti sauce and more apple pie filling. As well as corn and green beans and pie crust. I am hooked! It makes throwing a meal together effortless.

My dad and I finally got started today clearing out the land and getting ready for the foundation on my house. I am sooooooo excited! I will be posting pics this weekend of the blank space and the view :)

Thanks so much to dear Lisa from http://blacksheepprims.blogspot.com/ & dear Kathy from http://sweethomegardens.blogspot.com/ for giving me this great award!
THE SMILE Awards rules are:
1. The recipient must link back to the awards creator (it's right on the award)
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award (see below.)
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver. (s)
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human).
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from other.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life
7. Must love kids.
The 5 people I chose all make me smile: These are in no particular order..........it was so hard to pick............but I tried to pick the ones of you whom I love whom hadn't already received the award
1. Lori from http://theoldeprimitivehouse.blogspot.com/ i just love her inspiring blog and those great lights she makes :)
2. Kim from http://simple-needs.blogspot.com/ I just love her inspiring blog and recipes too
3. Merrie from http://wheretheblackbirdssing.blogspot.com/ I love her blog and I want her dogs soooooooooo bad!
4. Jennifer from http://rusticgoods.blogspot.com/ I love her wonderful blog and great pics!
5. Tiffany from http://tiffanysprimitiveplace.blogspot.com/ I love her blog and to see all the goodies she's working on

1 comment:

Catty Wampus said...

Thank you Jill! And you know we love that lil boston too Do you have more than one furchild; don't want to leave anyone out! Mine say that maybe they will come on down and vacation with you; but I'll tell you we just had a gas explosion here!LOL@ Don't know if you have ever experienced that but wooooeee! You are such a good friend!!!!I am so glad I met you!
Merrie