Sunday, August 17, 2008

Gail Wilson Doll Completed

Yesterday I finally finished my doll made from the Gail Wilson Kit. It was hard to get a good picture of her face however hopefully you can see that I penciled it in very lightly and then gave it a light sand. I drew her hair on as well. Her little kitty and shoes are my favorite..........lol and her time consuming hands. This doll sure was a challenge for me and some parts I left out as I prefer the simple dress to the one with tucks and I also prefer the penciled face to the embroidered one. Geeeeeeez I can't ever follow a pattern exactly; I always change something! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. For supper the hubs and I are eating bacon fixed outside over a fire and some cornbread and beans on the side. It's so yummy!



5 comments:

Tammy said...

Hey Jill,
I just love her. You did a wonderful job. Two thumbs up. I love to visit your blog. Thank you for sharing such great tips and ideas with us.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Such a great prim doll, she looks like alot of love went into her, I love her dress and cat!
Have a great Monday.
*Rondell*

Raggedy Angel said...

I just love her...I would have had to change her hands,cause I don't do well with fingers! She is so sweet! Beth

KATHY OF SWEETHOME GARDENS said...

Your prim doll looks great...
I Love Your Blog...come on over and recieve your award.
Blessings, Kathy

Rabbit Hill ~ Handmades by Jenn Tavoletti said...

Oh she turned out so nice. Her pencil face is beautiful and I'm with you on the simpler plain (no fru fru's) dress and the brown calico is just perfect! Enjoy your day ~ Jenn