Saturday, July 19, 2008

Banana Puddin


Lawrd have Mercy! I could jump in this face first! I have always loved banana pudding. My mother always made it using the instant box pudding. Which don't get me wrong is equally yummy. But I ran upon this recipe while browsing food blogs (my secret obsession) and it occurred to me that I had never had banana pudding with "real" pudding. I have made vanilla pudding from scratch many times for the vanilla pies with meringue that my family loves so well. So this was a simple easy recipe. Lol, I asked the hubby if he wanted some banana pudding and he replied "You left the bananas out right?". He is the ONLY person that I know that wants banana pudding minus the bananas. Which is essentially vanilla pudding with wafer cookies. So alas I had to pick the bananas out of his pudding, oh the things we wives do! Here is the recipe link http://www.southernplate.com/2008/07/homemade-banana-pudding-tutorial.html

6 comments:

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Jill, I'm gonna be 10 feet wide after reading all your recipes and then trying them. Keep them coming!!!! LOL.

Mary

Trixi said...

I just made this same recipe for a luncheon I had with some teacher friends and we loved it!!!
Blessings~~

simple~needs said...

wow, that looks great!!
course, i want the bananas in it, and the wafers, and oh!! dont forget the whipped cream!!;)

Something Nice and Pretty said...

It looks so good! I love bananas:) I love the black, sock cat too:)

*Rondell*

Southern Plate said...

What a great blog to come upon!!! Thank you for posting the link to Southern Plate!
Your banana pudding looks fabulous! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I do!
~Christy

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Jill, that is funny about your husband not wanting the bananas!
My son does not want them in either.