Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hot Summer Days


The weather here is still much too warm for my liking. But we have had some lovely cooler nights. I prefer spring and fall to summer; but it seems we have such short spring and fall seasons. I am anticipating fall and new fall designs. I have even started on a few things and will have them ready for sale on the website this coming week.

The hot summer days have brought forth a bounty of my favorite herb, Tansy. It seems to thrive in hot dry weather and tolerates neglect. It drys perfectly and is an ant deterrent. By the looks of it I am going to have a plentiful harvest of it this year. In hot dry summers my plants usually yield two different crops; one in early July and then again in September. I will be offering some up for sale very soon! Hope you all had a blessed Sunday.

No comments: