Sunday, April 20, 2008

Prim Crafting Tips




Wow! What happened to spring? It has been in the upper 80's all week here. Today it was a lot cooler with rain. All week I have kinda put my work aside and did things around the house. Lots of laundry and lots of weedin. I bought two hanging baskets to spruce up the porch and hung my flag back up. I am running out of things to do tutorials on but thought I would share some tips with you guys for primitive crafting.


1. I save all my fabric scraps; I use them later to stuff pincushions and dolls. It gives them a wonderful old feel.


2. To make new fabric look worn stain it and then sand it. To make moth holes nip the fabric with scissors and then sand the hole.


3. To make a new bear look old run over his fur with a disposable razor and then dust with cinnamon.


4. To dry paper you have stained in seconds place in the microwave. Watch carefully as it will catch fire!


5. Recycle empty glass bottles and cans to grunge. Cooking oil placed on the labels and allowed to sit makes them easily removed.


6.Fabric stains better and more evenly is laundered first.


7. Fabric stained and baked in a 200 degree oven is naturally stiffened.


Hope you find these tips useful :) Hope you have a blessed Sunday.

3 comments:

Robin Leuschen said...

Awsome tips !! I never would have thought to "snip" the fabric and then sand the hole to make it look old ...Wow....I can't wait to try this !!!
Thank you !!!
Robin

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I love to make prims, but I never realized that fabric stains better when washed first. Thanks for all the wonderful tips. Now I can hardly wait to visit your other tutorials!

Smiles,
Lea

Farmhouse Blessings said...

... oh I forgot to tell you that your puppy on the old quilt is just about the cutest thing I've seen all day!

Smiles,
Lea