Sunday, March 30, 2008

Rusty Can Tutorial




Greetings everyone! I hope you all had a lovely Sunday. The weather was a little cool here but still lovely. I am so excited to share this with you guys! I have became a recycling nut. I have been finding many uses for everyday items. Hope you enjoy this project.


Supplies Needed:


Tin Can (I used a spaghetti can)


Mod Podge


Spices


Let's begin. I began by washing out my can well and removing the label. After the label is removed refer back to these steps in my previous tutorial on grubbing jars http://thefruitofherhandstudio.blogspot.com/2008_02_01_archive.html


After you have your can grubbied it looks rusty. This step is optional; I printed out my label and stained it with walnut crystals. Using your mod podge glue it on and fill your can with sweet annie! What a lovely display.


As always please do not sell the directions to this tutorial; give them freely to your friends as they were freely given to you.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Love your spot here, Jill! How gracious of you to be free with your tips!! Love it all! I've added you to my favs!! Thanks! Hugs, Karen

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jill~~
It is just grat to hear from other crafters out there!! Would love to keep in touch with you and thanks for your comments!! Keep them coming!! I would also like to add you to my blog and picturetrail, IF that would be OK? I wont do anything until I hear from you though!! Many Blessings and Hugs....
Lori Hull
The Olde Primitive House