Sunday, March 16, 2008







Greetings Everyone! Thank you for joining me for this Sunday's tutorial. I will be sharing with you how to make a doily Easter basket. I have lots of chores to do today so I will be doing something quick and simple. I originally saw this on Martha Stewart and had to make one and prim it up. Hope you enjoy!
Supplies:
Fabric Stiffener
Rusty Wire
Stained Doily
Non Stick Spray
Spices (optional)
Tools Needed:
Wire Cutters
muffin tin or bowl for mold
Let's begin; For starters there are many ways you can shape these baskets. You can use any size doily you like. If you are using a smaller doily you can use a muffin tin and it will come out with a fluted edge like the one I made. If you are using a larger doily use a bowl.
To begin make sure your surface is protected and completely saturate your doily with fabric stiffener. Spray your mold/bowl with non stick spray and lay your doily over it. Make sure it's smooth . Let the doily dry overnight. Remove the doily gently from the mold/bowl and sprinkle it liberally with spices; shake off excess. Cut a piece of rusty wire for the handle and embellish the basket as you please.

No comments: