Sunday, December 23, 2007

My Favorite Side Dish


The hubby and I have a busy schedule for Christmas. We will be going to my mom and dad's tomorrow night to exchange gifts with my family. Then Christmas Day back to Mom and Dad's for Christmas dinner. Then to my MIL and FIL's to exchange gifts. And somewhere we will squeeze in opening the few gifts we got for each other and of coarse Daisy and Odee's gifts. We didn't spend much on each other this year because when finally purchased a big screen hd tv and that was our gift to each other! So I wanted to share with you guys my favorite side dish that I will be bringing to Christmas Dinner. Mashed potatoes is right in behind this dish! I love good mashed potatoes and try adding a dollop of sour cream when mashing them. I saw Paula Deen do it and trust me it's divine. Any ways here is the recipe!

SPOON BREAD CASSEROLE
1 pkg. JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix
1/2 c. melted butter or margarine
1 8 0z. can of whole kernel corn; drained
1 8 0z. can cream style corn
1 c. sour cream
2 eggs
Preheat oven to 375; grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Pour margarine and corn into prepared dish. Blend in sour cream. Beat eggs and stir into casserole dish along with corn muffin mix. Blend thoroughly. Bake about 35-40 min or until center if firm. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Andi said...

Jill, this is my favorite side dish too...only I call it "Baked Corn" and always make it for covered dish carry in's. Everyone loves it.

Hope your Christmas was wonderful and that Santa Paws was extra good to Daisy and Odee. Bully did just great by him!