Monday, December 17, 2007

My All Time Favorite Cookie

These are my all time favorite cookies ever......period. They are SNICKERDOODLES; I love the texture of these soft buttery cookies. There is a trick however to baking them. You have to remove them from the oven just as the top turns a little brown or the bottoms will burn and they will be dry. This recipe makes approx. 3 dozen. Better make a double batch of these little sinful babies.

SnickerDoodles

1 c. butter

1 1/2 c. sugar

2 eggs

2 3/4 c. flour

2 t. cream of tartar

1 t. baking soda

1/2 t. salt

sugar and cinnamon combined

Cream sugar and butter together. Add one egg at the time. Stir dry ingredients together; gradually add to creamed mixture. Roll into small balls and then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake 8-10 min. at 350 degrees. They flatten and should be lightly baked. After cooled I added some powdered sugar for a snowy effect. They are no measurements for the cinnamon and sugar mixture. However I used approx. 1 cup of sugar and about a tablespoon of cinnamon.

2 comments:

Karen said...

OOOOOH, snickerdoodles are wonderful and buttery! Yummy! Now I'm going back to read more! Karen

Andi said...

I love a good snickerdoodle!!!